Thursday, December 18, 2008

Whew!

It's been a few days, but I'm finally back. I've been busy/sick/travelling for a few days now and it seems that I'm now in a position to update.

Saturday's parties at Bridgeview went as well as I could have hoped, with only a slight mishap in the form of a dessert shortage. Luckily, I caught it in time, so we had another 90 pots de creme whipped up in record time. I got out a little after midnight, and went straight to bed.

I woke up the next morning with a sudden bout of the flu, the less said about that the better. Suffice to say, I've had better weekends.

On Wednesday, Chef Gordon told us that in light of the grim weather report, we'd all be excused from class on Thursday. We took a few tests and then I hit the road. I was home at my parents' house at 7pm.

Now my whole family is home, we all beat the storm, thankfully. Now if only our luck can hold out over the weekend.

I've been put in charge of feeding the masses. So far, I've made beef stew, one of my favorite meals in the winter. I wanted to make something that I'd be able to have ready for each of my family members as they would arrive at their own times. We'll probably do some baking this evening, so that will be fun.

Hope everyone gets to their destinations safely! Have a great holiday season :-)

No comments: