Thursday, December 4, 2008

Italian Luncheon, Fundraising

Today my International Cuisine class held an Italian/Sicilian luncheon in our demo lab. There were a few snags (as usual with any kitchen) but we all managed to come together and prepare a terrific meal. I started out on the first course, Pork Noisettes, but after a few errors I was relocated to the sauce station. It turned out really well, I thought. All of us got lots of compliments on what we prepared. Appetisers were Mozzerella Onion Tartlets, Soup was Chicken-Tomato Boullion, First Course was Pork Noisettes in Lemon-Bay sauce, Main Entree was Tri-Color Lasagna, and for Dessert we had Zeppoli, Italian doughnuts, filled with chocolate and coated in cinnamon-sugar. After our guests left, all of us got to eat what was left. I'm hanging onto these recipes!

Then we did some brainstorming about the trip to France, and how much we'll have to do to raise the money to go. I'm hopeful, but it's such an awful lot of money. It'll be well worth it, so I don't regret throwing my hat in the ring, saying I'll go, but I'm feeling a little discouraged. I hope we can raise the money. The school is going to give some, but of course they can't afford to send us all on their tab. I'm going to try making and selling chocolate truffles. If I sold them at $4 apiece, and sold ten per day, I could raise enough in time. I'll try to do some over Christmas. We're also thinking of hosting a lot more dinners. That could generate good revenue. I hope we can pull it off.

No comments: