Wednesday, December 3, 2008

France or bust!

There's been pretty exciting news in the department this week, we're trying to get a enough of us together to join Kirkwood in a trip to France. I have about half the money raised, I've broken into my emergency fund, and I just have to come up with another thousand to get me there. So we're trying to come up with different fund-raisers and things. At first, I just wrote it off as something I couldn't possibly afford, but after reading the proposed itinerary, I was sold! I'll come up with the rest of the money somehow, I could even take it out on my credit card, come to think of it. Just to walk the streets of an entirely different country, to soak up the language, eat the food, learn what I can, I can't imagine not going at this point. Everyone needs a chance to step out of their home turf and see a new world, to explore sometime in their lives. My grandpa was in the army during WWII and he got to travel all over Asia. My younger sister spent the summer of 2006 being a counsellor in Germany for Camp Adventure, a summer camp for kids who live on army bases. My older sister and one of my best friends both made trips to France and had wonderful experiences to tell everyone about. Now it's my turn to go. If I have to start selling off redundant body parts (you don't need both lungs, do you?) I'm going to be on that plane.

No comments: