Monday, March 23, 2009

The bridge is crossed, now stand and watch it burn...

I just took my Certified Culinarian exam, and passed with an 89%! I made a few stupid mistakes, which I chalk up to being in a hurry and kind of nervous. I don't really do well on tests! Wednesday I hand in my final project for Culinary Entreprenuership, I think I'll do fine with that, I've had lots of practice in these sort of things over the past 2 years. I'm just glad to have the CC test over with, that was my main focus of worry.

On Saturday my family and I went out for dinner at the restaurant where I'll be interning. I had salmon pizza, with cream cheese sauce, capers, and dill. It was very good! It was the first time in a long time that I've had something that was genuinely new! I'd never even heard of it before, and now I think I have a new favorite!

I've been toying with the idea of doing a "senior exhibition", in the form of a formal dinner for a few select guests. I've been thinking of the people and product I'll need, planning out the menu, all that fun stuff. It'll be like in "Babette's Feast" :-)

I feel sad about leaving my classmates for the last time. There's always been a "see you tomorrow" feel to things, now we don't know if we'll ever see each other again! Oh well, the culinary world is kind of like being in the mob, we all know each other, we'll hear from each other eventually. I'm ready for the next step. I won't say I'm not afraid, I'd be foolish not to be, but I think I'm as prepared as I can be. The rest of my education will have to take place in industry. I can't wait to see what happens next.

1 comment: